Welcome to Shirt detective
Looking to find a dress shirt that fits you better or a shirt fit guide? You have come to the right place. There are five different ways you can use the Shirtdetective site.
1. Use the shirt search engine to find a shirt that fits you.
2. Use the problem pages and find, for your collar size:
- shirts for long arms – shirts with the longest sleeve length.
- shirts for short arms – shirts with the shortest sleeve length.
- shirts for large men – shirts with the largest chest size.
- slim fit shirts – slim chest – shirts with the slimmest chest size.
- slim fit shirts – slim waist – shirts with the slimmest waist size.
- shirts for tall men – shirts with the longest back length.
- shirts for short men – shirts with the shortest back length.
3. Compare different dress shirts brands, with unique detailed information on the sizes, ranges and quality of shirt makers.
- Brooks Brothers vs Jos A Bank
- Brooks Brothers vs Ralph Lauren
- Charles Tyrwhitt vs Brooks Brothers.
- Charles Tyrwhitt vs Hawes and Curtis.
- Charles Tyrwhitt vs TM Lewin.
- Charles Tyrwhitt vs Thomas Pink.
- TM Lewin vs Hawes and Curtis.
4. See detailed shirt fit guides and information on the sizes and cuts available.
- Banana Republic
- Brooks Brothers
- Charles Tyrwhitt
- Christian Benedict
- Hawes and Curtis
- J Crew
- Jos A Bank
- Lands End
- Marks and Spencer
- Paul Fredrick
- Ralph Lauren
- Savile Row Company
- Standard Shirts
- Thomas Pink
- TM Lewin.
5. Obtain the latest information on money off and voucher codes.
6. Understand better some of the different cotton weaves:
Help with taking your correct measurements can be found on the shirt measuring guide.
I update the Shirtdetective website regularly and I’d appreciate any feedback you have through the Contact Form.