Looking for a Gant shirt fit guide or detailed Gant shirt sizing data? This page covers the different fits available and gives detailed garment measurements. You can purchase shirts from Gant direct by clicking on the image below:
Not what you’re looking for? Try the Wardrobe Essentialist search engine to find a shirt that fits you.
Gant has three different fits of formal or dress shirts.
- The Regular Fit shirts are wider around the chest and waist.
- The Slim Fit is narrower around the waist and chest.
- The Gant Extra Slim, which is even narrower. There is size data for this shirt on the Gant website and one can find Extra Slim Fit shirts. However, clicking through it seems impossible to buy these shirts. I have included the data on my site for comprehensiveness.
Gant is one of the few retailers to offer a 14 inch collar, so may be a good choice for men with smaller necks. More detail can be found on Gant shirts at their shirt guide here.
When comparing the shirt measurements and your body measurements remember:
- For the chest the shirt circumference should be six inches larger than the body measurement for a comfortable fit. Four inches for a tighter fit.
- For the waist the shirt circumference should be four inches larger than the body measurement for a comfortable fit. Three inches for a tighter fit.
Table 1- Gant Regular – shirt fit guide
Collar Size Sleeve Lengths Available Chest Size - Garment Measurement Waist Size - Garment Measurement 14.0 33 39 39 15.0 34 41 41 15.5 35 43 43 16.5 37 46 46 17.0 38 48 48 18.0 39 50 50 19.0 40 53 54 19.5 41 56 57
Table 2- Gant Slim fit – shirt fit guide
Collar Size Sleeve Lengths Available Chest Size - Garment Measurement Waist Size - Garment Measurement 15.0 34 39 37 15.5 35 42 39 16.5 36 44 42 17.0 38 46 44 18.0 39 49 46 19.0 40 51 50 19.5 41 54 53 20.0 41 56 55
Table 3- Gant Extra Slim fit – shirt fit guide
|Collar Size||Sleeve Lengths Available||Chest Size - Garment Measurement||Waist Size - Garment Measurement|
Gant shirt fit guide – shirts that fit like Gant shirts?
If you are looking for alternative shirts that fit like the Gant shirts use the shirt search engine, select your collar and arm length and then find the shirts that have similar chest and waist sizes.